Alford Law Firm is fortunate to have an experienced, knowledgeable and helpful staff who can assist you with your legal needs. We are dedicated to providing you with the best legal counsel at the most competitive price. We approach every client with a focus on integrity, advocacy, and understanding. We fight for you!
Ms. Alford-Brand started practicing in North Carolina as a contract attorney in 1998. She was licensed in 1999 and immediately went into private practice where she spent 7 years practicing Bankruptcy, Criminal and Traffic, Civil (to include Family Law, Personal Injury, Contract Construction and Litigation) and Administrative Law. Ms. Alford-Brand also worked as an Assistant District Attorney for 4 years where she prosecuted everything from speeding tickets to murder.
Ms. Alford-Brand is originally from Ohio but her family is from the greater Wake County area. She and her husband are happy to have settled near Raleigh and are enjoying all that the Triangle has to offer.
Advisory Board Member:
- Moore County Dispute Resolution Center – Board Member 2004 – 2006.
- North Carolina State Bar member since 1999.
- Admitted to practice in the United States District Court, Middle and Eastern Districts, since 1999.
- Joy obtained her B.A. in History from Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio in 1994.
- Dean’s List Wright State University, 1990 – 1994.
- Joy obtained her J.D. from Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio in 1998.
- 1996 Recipient of the William K. Gardner Award for Outstanding Student in Civil Procedure.
- 1996 Recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Excellence in Achievement in the Study of Civil Procedure.
Bar/Professional Association Involvement:
- North Carolina Bar Association – Member 1999 – 2006.
- Treasurer of the Moore County Bar Association from 2001 to 2002.
- President of the Moore County Bar Association from 2002 to 2003.
- North Carolina Association of Trial Lawyers – Member 2004 – 2006.
- Member of Junior League since June of 2007
- Member of Rotary since January of 2009.